Financial Planning News and Media
One of Jeff’s guiding values is the need to educate all consumers. Jeff has been quoted by several national media outlets and participated in several consumer education programs. Click below to see some of the recent comments and advice from Jeff.
Jeff, MSSW Ellene Lammers and Attorney Debora Horberg discuss the conflicts that mediators face when dealing with their clients and the trend in recent years to for divorce process to be driven by mathematical formulas. American Journal Family Law. Volume 31 Number 3 Fall 2017
Danielle Schultz provides an easy to understand guide to people looking to learn more about the complex world of investing. Jeff was the technical editor, tasked with making sure Danielle provided accurate information to her readers. Published November 2016.
Jeff and MSSW Ellene Lammers provide suggestions in this article to litigation attorneys on different way to help get past impasses in different scenarios. American Journal of Family Law. Volume 28 Number 3 Fall 2014
Jeff discussed four complexities of the tax rules around financial settlements and divorce in this American Journal of Family Law article. Volume 25 Number 3 Fall 2011
In the News
- Mary Kane discusses the impact of Gray Divorce in this Kiplinger’s Retirement Report article. Jeff comments on the importance of using a financial professional in your divorce and the flexibility of the Collaborative Divorce process. August 2018.
- Dave Carpenter with the Associated Press provides ways to help consumers control their debt and Jeff comments on how to know if you have too much consumer debt. USA Today on July 16, 2011.
- Mark McLaughlin discusses the use of target date funds (TDFs) and the importance of understanding what is “under the hood” and not relying on the name of the fund to choose the right one for you. CNBC.com on May 4, 2011.
- Harper Willis profiles Jeff and JK Financial Planning and the importance of focusing on what is within your control in his Financial Adviser blog series, VOICES on June 24, 2010.
- Jane Hodges lays out advice from different financial planners for recent graduates, including investment advice from Jeff and other members of the Garrett Planning Network in her May 2, 2010 article.
- This book, published in March 2010 and written by Joseph D’Agnese and Denise Kiernan offer financial help to “non-traditional” works – freelancers, part timers and self-employed people. Joe and Denise tap Jeff’s expertise with retirement planning to discuss the unique options available to this group of people.
- Ron Lieber writes about the importance of talking about money before people get married to help reduce the chance of divorce. Jeff comments on the importance of talking through various details and the control issues related to money in this October 24, 2009 article.
- David McPherson gives advice on how people can put 2008 behind them and get 2009 off to a great start with input from Jeff and other financial planners from around the country in his January 6, 2009 column.
- Sara Hansard discusses plans by John McCain and Barack Obama to deal with the financial crisis by changing the rules for retirement account withdrawals with input from Jeff and other financial planners on both sides of the issue in her October 19, 2008 article.
- Jeff Kostis and other financial planners make suggestions for how you can use your tax rebate check in an article written by David McPherson and published in February 2008.
How can Jeff help with the transitions in your life? Contact JK Financial Planning today to learn more or schedule a complimentary, no obligation Get-Acquainted meeting.